Monday, November 26, 2007

Cyclones and Cars





Cyclone Sidr has killed over 4000 people in Bangladesh and the number rises everday. The number has been expected to hit approximately 10,000. Damages have been estimated to be over $450 million. I think the $667 that I sent to Uganda was the first step on the long road of philanthropy. A certain AP US teacher has further inspired the humanitarian within me, so I decided to donate $200 towards the relief effort to help those affected by the cyclone. No one in my family was affected too badly; the roof of my great-grandmother's house had blown off. Thankfully, no one got hurt.

I believe for the first time in 16 years, I had fulfilled the purpose of Thanksgiving. I was thankful for my family for being alive and I had taken part in the act of giving to help those in greater need than me.

I also took the time to enhance my driving skills last weekend. I drove from Natalie's house to my house, the furthest I have driven yet. Yay me.

4 comments:

devon said...

good for you on the first account and congrats on the second
the world could use more good people like yourself.

Natalie Li said...

sajeeb, you actually take action + stuff. you're amazing. glad to hear your family is safe

devon said...

love the shades btw

Ankit said...

i admire people like you sajeeb.
you inspire others to do good things, as more people should.
continue posting about your acts; i'd like to continue hearing about them